RECIPE: FRESH TRUFFLES
Cardamom Chai Pavé
Created by Ivy Chan / Artisan Chocolatier
MEANT TO BE EATEN FRESH, THESE can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Makes 25 one-inch square truffles.
· 100g high-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
· 60g heavy whipping crème
· 1 packet Jaipur Avenue Cardamom Chai Tea Mix
· 1 tsp honey
1. Line a shallow square dish (about 5 x 5”) with plastic wrap.
2. Pour whipping crème & honey into a heavy pan and heat under medium-high heat until it starts to boil.
3. Add the packet of chai tea mix and whisk until it dissolves completely. Turn heat off.
4. Add chopped chocolate and swirl the crème around to melt chocolate. Leave the chocolate in the crème mixture for about one to two minutes before mixing, as this will give the chocolate time melt.
5. Whisk the mixture all together and this time the mixture (called ganache) should resemble the texture of pudding.
6. Pour the ganache into the plastic-lined square dish and level the ganache by shaking the pan.
7. Leave overnight in a cool area to set, or if you are in a rush, leave it in the fridge until it is hard enough to cut.
8. When set, lift the plastic wrap up and peel it off the ganache.
9. Cut the ganache into one-inch squares, then decorate the top with either powdered sugar or dust with cocoa powder. Then decorate with a little piece of candied orange with gold or silver leaf. You can also dust them with a little extra cardamom spice and crushed pistachio for colors.